Barcelona is a beautiful city on the beach. One day you can explore the beautiful architecture of the city and the Mediterranean culture, and the other day you can have a lovely day on the beach. The city is divided in several barrios or districts, from the chique and beautiful Eixample, the little and authentic streets of Borne and Gracia to the beaches and chirrinquitos of Barcelonetta.
To begin with, you need to go to the Passeig de Gracia to shop, where you will find beautiful boutiques and little bakeries for macarons with caffe con leche (don’t miss the dolci at Épicerie in Via Pau Claris). In the Passeig de Gracia you will find beautiful architecture and the fairytale buildings from Gaudí (Casa Batillo and la Pedrera). In the little streets of Gracia you will find many authentic tapas restaurants, while in Borne there is a mix of Mediterranean and international restaurants and local boutiques. A beautiful example is the delicious fusion restaurant named Ikibana with Japanese and Brazilian dishes (urumaki sushi with strawberry and palmhearts mm). While it is much fun to go stand up paddle surfing in Barcelonetta, and to chill in one of the chirrinquitos on the beach (try the french toast and fresh juices at Surf House BCN and the sweets and juices at Rosaria’s), the beach in Mar bella is more beautiful to swim and chill. When you come to Barca, don’t forget to visit these beautiful places in the city and the beach:
- The Passeig de Gracia and its beautiful shops and boutiques, for example Loewe, Chanel, Burberry, Liu Jo, Max Mara, Bulgari, Tiffany’s, Jimmy Choo, Maje, Mango, and Zara home. Liu Jo is in Bulevard Rosa, Paseo de Gracia 51 (www.liujo.it).
- The beautiful architecture from Gaudí can be seen in the Passeig de Gracia 43 and 92; Casa Batillo and Casa Milà (la Pedrera). Don’t forget to go to Parc Güell as well for the beautiful mozaic and the city view (in Gracia).
- Épicerie, try the dolci and macarons in this lovely patisserie in Via Pau Claris 145.
- Ikibana, best sushi restaurant in Borne 💙 with a fusion from Japanese and Brazilian cuisine, in Passeig Picasso 32 (www.ikibana.es).
- Mar bella is a beautiful beach in Barca to swim and chill 💙.
- Maka maka in Barcelonetta for delicious fries with wasabi mayonaise mm, in Passeig de Joan de Borbó 76 (www.makamaka.es).
- Cdlc club and restaurant for your chique days and nights out 💙 in Passeig maritim 32 (www.cdlcbarcelona.com).
- Sitges, little place on the beach you need to visit (near Barcelona).
- For summer and beachy days, you can go stand up paddle surfing in Barceloneta (surfboards are available at Boardriders in Carrer de la Drassana 10, or Locals in Passeig Joan de Borbó 80-84). No passa nadaa💙.
Source of images and photos: http://www.pinterest.com/nicky_bianca